GROCERY MANUFACTURERS REPRESENTATIVES ASSOCIATION (GMRA) SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The Grocery Manufacturers Representatives Association (GMRA) is an organization of approximately 80 companies formed to promote a feeling of goodwill and cooperation among all sales representatives to prevent trade abuses, promote uniformity and certainties in business practices, and establish confidence among sellers, buyers, and sales representatives.
Students must be employed part-time by an ADMAX or Associated Grocers store and be an incoming or current graduate enrolled full-time in a college or university in the fall semester when the scholarship is awarded.
Subject to availability of funds, scholarship awards are $500 each semester for the first year and $1,500 per semester thereafter totaling a maximum award of $10,000 (fall and spring only).
- Application - which can be found at BRAF.org/gmra by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic resume
- An essay detailing why you would consider a career in the grocery industry.
- Letter of recommendation from store manager confirming employment. It must be on official letterhead and include the store number, date, and managers signature.
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school - a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled as a full-time student in the semester applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: April 15, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 15, 2018
RENEWAL: Recipients must apply for the scholarship annually and must remain employed part-time by an ADMAX or Associated Grocers store and enrolled as a full-time student. For the spring semester, students must submit a transcript, official proof of enrollment letter, and a letter confirming employment.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager