Baton Rouge Development Fellows
2018 Development Fellows Application
Sept. 12-13, 2018
The Baton Rouge Area Foundation’s boot camp will give a group of emerging and future development professionals access to high-caliber experts, enabling them to develop contacts with their local counterparts. Through the program, Fellows are introduced to area funders who have a profound understanding of the transformative power of philanthropy.
- Identify potential candidates for development work in the Greater Baton Rouge area.
- Identify individuals new or interested in the field of development in the Greater Baton Rouge area.
- Provide participants an opportunity to meet gateway professionals that work in philanthropy.
- Provide educational workshops in key areas in development.
- The Fellows program will offer workshops to increase proficiency in the field of development. Each workshop will include a formal presentation by a local funder or development professionals.
- Workshop Topics
- The profession of development
- Current trends in philanthropy
- Telling your story
- Corporate philanthropy
- Annual campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Fundraising events
- Major gifts
- Planned Giving
- Connecting with Foundation/Doing your homework submitting a grant
This program is not intended for seasoned development professionals. However, staff at area nonprofits that want to increase their learning would benefit. Selection is based on current and future potential as a development professional, the candidate’s transferrable skills, and demonstrated interest in working in the nonprofit sector in Baton Rouge. Fellows will be selected from applications received by August 31, 2018.