Baton Rouge Area Foundation | 2018 Design Intern Application
(Scroll down for application)
Organization: Baton Rouge Area Foundation
Mission: The Baton Rouge Area Foundation unites human and financial resources to enhance the quality of life in South Louisiana.
To achieve our mission, we:
- serve our donors to build the assets that drive initiatives and solutions;
- engage community leaders to develop appropriate responses to emerging opportunities and challenges;
- partner with entities from our service area, as well as with other community foundations, in order to leverage our collective resources and create the capacity to be a stimulus of positive regional change; and,
- evaluate our work and share the results with our stakeholders.
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
Starting date: Immediately
Time commitment: 10-15 hours per week to start
The Foundation is looking for a highly-creative, self-motivated and driven individual who can conceptualize and produce creative campaigns and a wide variety of graphic materials for our organization’s programs. The ability to create compelling designs (including editorial design, infographics, logo and corporate identity design, PowerPoint presentations) for both print and digital platforms is essential. Qualified candidates must exhibit knowledge in creative marketing, advertising and technology trends and have basic knowledge of web development—coding ability and SEO skills, a huge plus.
We produce a quarterly magazine, Currents, plus various annual reports, websites and marketing packages both for the Foundation and for smaller nonprofits. Working with the Foundation is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with a professional staff in an enthusiastic, community-based nonprofit organization.
Must be proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. General knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred. Will need to work in online web platform Squarespace, so basic knowledge of web development required. Having a laptop computer is required. Access to Adobe Creative Suite will be provided if applicant does not already have their own access.
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work with various departments to finish necessary projects
- Ability to work independently
- Self-starter, able to think creatively to solve problems and craft messages
- Basic command of web-based development, and willingness to learn
- Coding ability and SEO skills, a huge plus
- Experience in social media marketing and creation of Facebook ad campaigns a plus
- Interest in the mission of the Foundation and some knowledge of the nonprofit sector
If you have a portfolio link, please add it to the form below when applying.