CHERYL D. CONKLING MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Despite Cheryl’s physical hardships of gamma globulin anemia and hearing loss, she loved and excelled in education and music. Cheryl was a brilliant student and graduated Summa Cum Laude from college. This scholarship is named in her honor.
This scholarship supports students with hearing or other physical hardships who have demonstrated a love for education. This scholarship is only open to students who live and/or attend school in Windsor, Colorado; Conroe, Texas; Wilkinson County, Mississippi; Baton Rouge, Louisiana; or West Feliciana Parish in Louisiana. Students must be a high school senior enrolling in an accredited college or university in the fall when the scholarship is awarded. Preference may be given to students with hearing or other physical impairments, students not receiving other substantial aid, and/or students in Louisiana.
Subject to the availability of funds, the Scholarship Committee will determine the number of scholarships awarded each year. Scholarship awards are $1,500 per semester for eight semesters up to $12,000.
- Application – which can be found at BRAF.org/conkling by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic Resume
- An essay that details the student’s background, interest, and future plans.
- Letter of Recommendation from a teacher or principal
- Proof of financial need – FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school – a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: February 16, 2018
DEADLINE: July 2, 2018
To maintain the scholarship, the recipient must have a minimum 2.0 GPA each semester and be enrolled as a full-time student. At the end of each semester, the recipient must provide the Foundation with a transcript and proof of full-time enrollment for the next semester. The scholarship check will only be issued upon receipt of these documents.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager