HARRIET BABIN MILLER SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The Harriet Babin Miller Scholarship was established in honor of members of the Babin family who were educators in the Dutchtown school system for over 100 years.
Must be a Dutchtown High School student who exhibits scholastic ability, good citizenship, leadership, and community service. This award will recognize leadership by selecting a graduate who has taken initiative in school activities and organizations that contribute to an improved quality of life for the greater community.
The scholarship is a one-time award in the amount of $500. Awards shall be used toward the following, in order of priority: tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, and commuting expenses up to $50 a month.
- Application – which can be found at BRAF.org/babin-miller by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic Resume
- An essay that details the student’s background, interest, and future plans.
- Letter of Recommendation from school’s principal and/or guidance counselor
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school – a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: February 1, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1, 2018
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager