THREE Cs' FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
This fund was established through the generosity of the Crawford Family and assists current deckhands in obtaining their first United States Coast Guard approved Captains License. Mr. Bill Crawford spent the last 40 years as a successful United States Coast Guard licensed captain. He and his family feel compelled to assist others to advance in the field.
The applicant must be a current deckhand in South Louisiana.
The number of scholarships awarded each year will be subject to availability of funds. Each scholarship is a one-time award up to $1,500. Scholarship awards shall be used toward the tuition and expenses to attend an accredited United States Coast Guard Captains program.
- Application – which can be found at BRAF.org/triplec by clicking on the start button
- Letter of recommendation
- Provide proof of enrollment in an accredited US Coast Guard Captain’s Licensing program.
- (Please note that most accredited licensing programs require the tuition fee upon registration. If the fee cannot be provided by the applicant up front, an invoice may be submitted with the application. However, the applicant must submit proof of enrollment within 10 days of registering for the course.)
- Evidence of financial need (e.g.: pay stub)
- An essay that details the individual’s background, interest, and future plans.
- APPLICATION OPENS
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager