ST. JAMES PARISH SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Through the generosity of Shintech Corporation, this scholarship was established in honor of the citizens of St. James Parish.
Students must be graduating or have graduated from Lutcher High School or St. James High School and currently reside in or maintain a permanent address in the 4th or 5th district of St. James Parish. Students must be enrolled in a college, university, or vocational school.
Awards are subject to availability of funds. Each award shall be for a maximum of eight consecutive semesters (Fall and Spring only), $500 per semester. The scholarship award is to be used toward the following, in order of priority: tuition and fees; room and board; books and supplies; and commuting expenses.
- Application – which can be found at BRAF.org/st-james by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic Resume
- An essay that details the student’s background, interest, and future plans.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Proof of financial need – FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR) showing your Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school – a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: February 1, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 31, 2018
RENEWAL: To receive the maximum number of scholarship payments, students must maintain full-time status each semester. The student must also have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA. Students must provide the Foundation with an official transcript and proof of enrollment every semester to receive payment.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager