ASSOCIATED GROCERS – SAM S. POLITZ SCHOLARSHIP FUND
This fund was established through the generosity of the members of Associated Grocers Inc. of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. This scholarship is dedicated to the memory of Sam S. Politz, a former President and CEO of Associated Grocers Inc.
Students must be Louisiana high school seniors or graduates enrolling full time into an accredited university or college. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5, a minimum ACT/SAT score of 25, and have taken honors and/or advanced placement courses.
The number of scholarships awarded each year will be subject to availability of funds. Each scholarship lasts for eight consecutive semesters at $1,000 per semester, for a maximum award of $8,000 (fall and spring semesters only). Scholarship awards shall be used for the following, in order of priority: tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, and commuting expenses up to $50 per month.
- Application - which can be found at BRAF.org/pageag by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic resume
- Essay that details the student’s background, interests, and future plans.
- Letter of recommendation from school’s principal and/or guidance counselor
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school - a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: January 1, 2018
DEADLINE: March 1, 2018
To maintain this scholarship, each recipient must maintain full-time status as an undergraduate student and must maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 per semester. Students must provide the Foundation with a transcript of each completed semester and proof of full-time enrollment for every future or current semester to receive payment.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager