AARON BERNARD MURRAY AND FAY TYLER MURRAY EDUCATION ENCOURAGEMENT FUND
This Fund was established by the Murray Family in 1998.
Applicant must be graduating from Baton Rouge Magnet High School with sound academic achievement and demonstrate good citizenship. Applicant must show leadership qualities within and beyond their peer group and must have taken initiatives in school and/or the broader civic life of the community. Only Baton Rouge Magnet High School students nominated by a teacher or school administrator are eligible to apply. These nominations should be considered endorsements of the student and his or her participation and engagement in activities that have expanded the quality of life for others.
The recipient will receive a one-time award of $750 and will be honored at Baton Rouge Magnet High School’s annual Honors Day Program.
- Application – which can be found at BRAF.org/murray by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic Resume
- An essay that details the student’s background, interest, and future plans.
- Letter of Recommendation from Baton Rouge Magnet High School’s principal, guidance counselor and /or teacher
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school – a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
- APPLICATION OPENS: January 30, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 30, 2018
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager