Boudreaux Family Scholarship in Honor of Jerry and Cherry Boudreaux
Jerry and Cherry Boudreaux rose from humble beginnings and dedicated their lives to education. They believed that with education, hard work, and perseverance, individual accomplishments are unlimited. The Boudreaux family has established the Boudreaux Family Scholarship Fund in honor of Jerry and Cherry Boudreaux.
Each year, the fund provides one scholarship to a Zachary High School graduating senior who will attend an accredited college or university full-time.
The scholarship award is $2,000 per semester for two semesters for a total of $4,000. Scholarship awards shall be used toward the following, in order of priority: tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, and commuting expenses up to $50 a month.
- Application - which can be found at BRAF.org/boudreaux by clicking on the start button
- Previous semester’s academic transcript
- Academic Resume
- An essay that details the student’s background, interest, and future plans.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
- Official proof of enrollment letter from school - a letter or certificate confirming student is enrolled full-time in the semester they are applying for. The letter must be signed or have the school’s official seal. Please note that an invoice, class schedule, registered or pre-registered letter, or any other document will not be accepted.
APPLICATION OPENS: March 1, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 29, 2018
RENEWAL: To receive the second-semester award, each recipient must maintain full-time enrollment status as an undergraduate, as defined by the college or university, and have a minimum 2.5 GPA each semester. Students must provide the Foundation with a transcript and proof of full-time enrollment for the upcoming semester.
Questions about scholarships?
Contact Scholarship Manager