Created in 1964, the Foundation has one simple goal: to help philanthropists pursue their causes for bettering the lives of the people of South Louisiana.
We pursue our mission by:
- Serving donors to build the assets that drive initiatives and solutions
- Engaging community leaders to develop appropriate responses to emerging opportunities and challenges
- Partnering with entities from our service area, as well as with other community foundations, to leverage our collective resources and create the capacity to be a stimulus of positive regional change
- Evaluating our work and sharing the results with our stakeholders.
What we do:
Among the largest community foundations in the country, we do three things:
- Serve more than 600 fund donors, who make grants to nonprofits through their charitable accounts at the Foundation
- Undertake projects for civic good, such as downtown revitalization, inner-city revival, urban planning and education reform.
- Support local nonprofits with strategic consulting to endure overall impact and sustainability.